2.21.2005

stand-up for fun

Having previously talked about my favorite comedians, the natural progression seems to be to list some of the better haunts (among the ones I've been to) for stand-up. I rate them on line-up, atmosphere, cost, drink and food quality (in that order).

New York City:
- Gotham Comedy Club: Very good. Waning: Very chic and very expensive. 4/5
- Comedy Cellar: Most intimate experience. Very good. 5/5
- Caroline's on Broadway: Good, but a tad expensive. 4/5
- New York Comedy Club: Diverse. Very good amateur nights. 3.5/5
- Laugh factory: Had some ho-hum nights here. Lacks energy. 3/5

Austin, TX:
- Capital City Comedy Club: My very first haunt. Plenty good. Some great attractions. 4/5
- Velveeta Room: On sixth street. More of a sandbox for amateurs and regulars alike. Very collegial atmosphere. Like a jam session. Very cheap though... so that's good. 2.5/5

New Orleans:
- Belli Baci: A little upscale. Good. 3/5

San Francisco:
- San Francisco Comedy College Improv nights: Very funny in patches. Easily the best improv I've seen. 3.5/5

1 Comments:

Blogger Vaishnavi Tekumalla said...

Me too!! I REALLY want to go!

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home