2.26.2005

Stand By Me

I’ve always loved this movie. It’s definitely one of my favorites all time. It’s not a stunning movie – just something that appeals to me a lot. A simple story of four boys – when they’re twelve – in small town America – who go out to look for a dead kid’s body and get in the papers. Actually, it’s more about their adventures on the way – and how they bonded... as they grew up over those two days.

We had been gone only two days. But somehow the town seemed different. Smaller.”

“Friends seem to come in and out of our lives like busboys in a hotel. But they all leave an impression.”

“Although I hadn’t seen him in ten years, I knew I’d miss him forever. I’ve never had friends later like the ones I had when I was twelve. Does anyone?”


Here’s to all the friends who’ve helped define me and my life. Here’s to not ever growing up.

3 Comments:

Blogger Vaishnavi Tekumalla said...

!! Harry, I LOVE that movie!! I think of it every single time I hear about leeches on treks! :) Anyway, that was a nice post! :)

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are Welcome ;-)
Yes I am also in the club of "I hate Growing up!!"
Any guesses who Am I? ;-)

5:15 AM  
Blogger Harish said...

Anon: I give up. Who are you?

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home