1.31.2005

Out of Office Replies

I quite dislike Out-Of-Office emails. Not all of them. The verbose, banal ones.

Recently I came across this message:
At XYZ Corp, we are committed to the highest quality in products and the greatest satisfaction for the customers. To this end, I hope you will bear with me while I am unavailable at the moment. I will reply to your email as soon as I can. In the meantime, please contact *** for emergencies.

Redundancy. Shameless advertising. Waste of my time. Some of the flaws as I see them.

Another message:
I will be unavailable at my office from *** to ***. I will be in Madrid and Chicago. However, I will regularly check my email, and hope to respond as soon as possible.

If you're going to check email regularly, why bother telling me u are unavailable? Or where you are. It's bad enough that I'm sitting at my desk while you're off seeing the world.

My guidelines for the messages:
(1) Do not send these messages if you're going to be in touch with the world (emails, checking messages etc).
(2) Do not tell me where you're going unless you think it's necessary.
(3) Do NOT give me unwanted and frivolous information, making it longer.
(4) DO check your emails when yuo get back - and REPLY !

*End of Rant*

1 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Hi,
Pre-occupation can affect occupation. This is one such instance, where my pre-occupation due to prior obligation comes in as a demarkation causing a slight modification to the routine of my occupation. Hence, there comes the need for a consideration to the fact that I shall not be at desk to reply to your ideation. In case of haste or any such motivation, use (my cell number) for communication.

Regds and salutation,
Sunayana

thats my out of aafis reply

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home