12.28.2004

Steve Zissou - The Life Aquatic

A good, funny movie. A little weird - but all of Wes Anderson's movies have been described that way. Rushmore, The Royal Tanenbaums...
It gives me the chance to invoke one of my fave quotes: "In a mad world, only the mad are sane". Wes Anderson takes us on a witty tour of the "life aquatic" as he would imagine it.
Bill Murray is great, and Owen Wilson drops his characteristic comic routine to give a sincere performance. Anjelica Huston (Adams family..), Cate Blanchett and Jeff Goldblum support.
Some of the funniest performaces come from people I've never seen before. It's not blatantly funny all the time, but once you get used to the tempo, it's very good. Murray is getting better every day as an actor.

Admittedly a little self-indulgent. Funny neverthless. I recommend it.

Rating: 4/5

2 Comments:

Blogger Sinfully Pinstripe said...

I loved "the royal tenenbaums". Does this compare?

9:10 AM  
Blogger Harish said...

It's a tad slower and more indulgent... but good. I think 'The Royal...' was better though.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home